Call for Papers for a conference track on “Sustainability and Social Fairness in the Context of Information System Design”, chaired by Gergana Vladova, André Ullrich, and Bianca Herlo. Submission deadline: March 1, 2023.
We cordially invite to submit your research papers for presentation to the Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS) 2023. To be held in a hybrid mode in Panama City, August 10–12, 2023, the conference will bring together international academics and industry professionals for a knowledge exchange on diverse facets of information systems research and practice.
For the mini-track “Sustainability and social fairness in context of information system design” (as part of the Main Track “Systems Analysis and Design”), we call for rigorous research that focuses on the interplay of societal, environmental, and economic aspects in information systems design and application. We are convinced that the challenges of digitalization and climate change cannot be solved with the methods and tools of single disciplines. Therefore, we pay special attention to empirical and conceptual interdisciplinary submissions.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
• IS for social and digital non-discrimination
• Social consequences of IS application
• IS for societal participation
• IS for digital sovereignty
• Sustainable design of digital technologies
• Socially responsible design science in information systems
• User and citizen involvement in IS development
• Impact of climate change and digitalisation on the analysis and design of IS
• Gray energy in IS-analysis and design
• STEM education and IS design
• Gender and minority issues in context of IS design
• Digital technologies for a sustainable future
• sustainable business models in context of IS design and analysis
• Green IS adoption and design
• Sustainable design practices in IS
• Design of IS to address ecological, social, or ethical challenges
• Sustainable Information Systems
Further information on the mini-track can be found here.
• March 1, 2023: Submissions are due at 10 a.m. EST
• May 2, 2023: Final decisions
Further information on the AMCIS application procedure can be found here.
We are looking forward to your submissions. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact andre.ullrich[at]weizenbaum-institut.de
Track Chairs of the mini-track “Sustainability and social fairness in context of information system design”: Gergana Vladova, University of Potsdam; André Ullrich, Weizenbaum Institute for the Networked Society; Bianca Herlo, Berlin University of the Arts
Call for Papers
Zur vorherigen Seite